Monday, February 1, 2016

Elephants & Fertility

A couple of weeks ago my friend/neighbor/visiting teacher came by for a visit. She brought two of her little ones and Carter was having an issue sharing (this happens quite often) and I was telling her that I think it is hard for him to share because he has only child syndrome. When we are home he never has to share his toys with anyone so when a friend comes over he has a hard time sharing. I had mentioned that he needs to have a little brother or sister to help him get over this stage. She then asked if we were trying and I opened up about our situation.

I had talked to her about our recent failed IUI attempt and that we were going to be starting another round of IUI. I had no idea but she told me that she did IUI and that is how she got her twins! It was so nice to talk to someone who has been through what we are going through. We talked about all the emotions that come along with it as well as how our hubby's react to everything. I really felt a lot better after she left. 

I was so grateful for the time that this friend gave to me and then a few days later she text me to see if I was at home. She came by and brought me this elephant...


She told me that when they were struggling with their infertility her hubby had read that Elephants were a sign of fertility and so she wanted to get one for us. That meant so much to me! 

I decided to get on my computer and look up the elephant and fertility. This is what I found on a couple of different sites...

Another way to pump up your fertility is by getting an elephant. No, not a real one! A representation of an elephant. Elephants have been considered a fertility symbol for thousands of years. Place a lovely elephant figurine in your bedroom. Rub your elephant to bring more children into your family. 

Elephants
In India, elephants’ long trunks are associated with rain, which brings fertility to the fields. Many wedding ceremonies utilize terra-cotta elephants as a symbol of fertility. In China, elephants are considered a symbol of pregnancy. A pair of elephants are often kept on each side of the bed facing the center of the room. 


2. Enhance fertility with Elephant symbolism
An elephant — with its trunk down, please! — is a strong symbol for fertility in Feng Shui.
Place your elephant in a prominent spot either in your bedroom, your Children sector, or in the Fire element (Fame & Reputation) sector of your home to nourish the energy of physical connection and intimacy.
The elephant’s trunk is pointed downwards for fertility in order to help you move through obstacles, and also because a downward-pointing trunk is thought to distribute good luck (whereas an upward-pointing trunk stores up the luck for future use). 

Thank you so much to this sweet friend! The love and support that we have received from everyone has been so incredible...It really is what makes this trial a little easier. We love you all!

2 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I love learning new things like this. What a great visiting teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grateful to have you as a friend and neighbor! Your strength inspires me ❤️

    ReplyDelete